I decided to rename this house as "The Count Awaits" rather than Slippery Slope. Slippery Slope is kind of off-putting. You can barely see the Count in the doorway below. The door doesn't open as I would like partly because of the angle of the coffin door.
So after testing out sizes of wings and experimenting with the underwing I made the bones on the wing with some twine I had on hand. It was easy to glue down and curve. I let that dry and painted it with black gesso. Then I did test fits on house again with the underwings cut so they fit under the eaves of the house and matched up with the outside wing.
I glued the underwings on the house so they would be secure because that is the most fiddly part of making the wings.
I glued the outside wings on and covered them with tissue paper folded around the edges of both wings to make them strong and make them function as one piece.
I painted again with the blue underwing color and the black on top. The edges are a little sloppy, but I am fairly happy with it. I still have some touching up to do. The spiderweb embossing is better on the back because it is not interrupted by other elements like windows and doors. I also need to distress the sides a little better.
The next element to work on is the "bat ground", a moon of some sort. I have cut out 3 different moons from corrugated cardboard and covered them with paper mache. The oven again is my friend and is drying these as I speak - the turned off, barely warm oven, that is.
I should have this finished soon. Thank you for stopping by.
Subscribe to get my free newsletter by email. Also get access to all the fun patterns and tutorials in the Paper Glitter Glue library with the secret password. I will send you a newsletter every one to two weeks.