While I mostly make little houses, I do like to make other 3-D paper crafts including Pop-Up cards. I have a simple technique that allows you to turn any figure or sentiments into a pop-up card.
Here's my example - the Llama Pop-Up Card.
I made a cute llama pop-up for the Card Maker Success Summit March 2024.
Supplies to Make the Llama Pop-Up Card
- Card stock - 65# card stock works well
- Glue - Bearly Art Glue is my favorite
- A way to cut the card - I love my Cricut, but you can cut my hand or use other cutting machines.
- Cricut Machines that work with this design:
- Scoring Stylus or Scoring Wheel for the Cricut Maker
- Cutting mats - Blue light grip mat
Steps to Make the Llama Pop-Up Card
- Cut out the pieces for Llama pop-up card
- Fold along score lines
- Glue the pop-up support together
- Adhere the pop-up support to the card background
- Assemble the llama piece
- Glue the llama to the pop-up support piece.
- Decorate with the garland if desired
Interested in more pop-up cards like this? See the Simple Pop-Up Cards tutorial.