I am almost finished with the Tudor house which they call a "Half-Timbered House" in England. The base is drying and that's about all that needs to done.
Here's a photo of the quick sketch I did to make the pattern.
Structurally, the house was really easy so I didn't do anything more than that to make the house pattern.
I painted 2 sheets of cardboard to make strips to look like wood. First a layer of ochre paint, then burnt sienna followed by burnt umber. So I went from light to dark. The darker paints I just brushed on leaving a little bit ochre showing through to look like lighter streaks in the wood.
Then I put the pattern down on the painted cardboard so I could trace the roofline and cut that "wood" out first. Then I cut the rest of the strips on the paper trimmer. I glued the cardboard wood on before I assembled the house because I figured I could get better adherence that way. The base of the house was painted with a color called parchment.
The roof was surprisingly easy despite the curve. If you have ever tried to make a little glitter house, you know that when you are holding the roof done to be glued, it wants to curve inward anyway. I did glue some strips of cardstock underneath to provide good support as well.
Then I made many little shingles to shingle the roof. And here you can see the house without the base.