Welcome to the 2021 Miniature Christmas House Contest
Here are the rules for entering your delightful creations for this year's contest.
The contest begins December 1st and closes at midnight on December 18. And thanks in advance for entering.
PRIZE LIST for the 2021 Miniature Christmas House Contest:
- First place - $100 Amazon gift card
- Second place - $75 Amazon gift card
- Third place - $50 Amazon gift card
- Three Judges discretion awards - $25 Amazon gift cards (because the judges really wanted to award more prizes since they loved the entries so much)
- Whimsical award - $50, to a submission that characterizes the playful nature of Christmas
- Innovation award - $50, for the submission with the most novel innovation. That can be part of a house or structure, or it can be an embellishment, or anything else super creative you can think of
(The Whimsical and Innovation awards will go to submissions that did not win in the top placings category, to expand the winning possibilities.)
I reserve the right to expand prize categories.
RULES for the 2021 Miniature Christmas House Contest:
1. Have fun
Have fun. Really, the entire purpose of this is to have fun.
2. Three ways to enter the 2021 Miniature Christmas House contest:
There are 3 ways enter a house in the 2021 Miniature Christmas House contest:
a) Post your design in the Paper Glitter Glue Facebook group with the tag #2021MiniChristmasHouse. But you do have to be a member of the group to enter that way.
b) Follow me on Instagram and post your house with the tag #2021MiniChristmasHouse
c) Email me a good quality photo. The address is Lucy@paperglitterglue.com. Please include the title 2021 Mini Christmas House in your email title so I can find the photo easily.
3. Permission to post photo on my blog
In submitting your creations, you are giving me permission to post a picture or pictures of your project on my blog just like I did for the Halloween house contest earlier this year. I love to share your projects because they are all so incredible.
4. Size requirements for the 2021 Miniature Christmas House contest
Size requirements - The base can be 8 inches deep x 12 inches wide. House height - up to 10 inches tall, house width - up to 10 inches wide, house depth 7 inches. That's really a large miniature house.
5. Use any pattern you like
For your entries, you can use your own pattern, my patterns, Tim Holtz houses, or even a purchased pattern.
6. The house must be made of cardboard
The house needs to be made out of cardboard. No wooden houses. But you can use other materials for the base and embellishments.
7. Creativity and originality are emphasized
Creativity and originality are important and will be emphasized in judging. Hint: Let the fun shine through!
8. You may enter more than once, but the houses must be constructed in 2021
And you may enter more than once, but the house must have been made in this calendar year - 2021.
Deadline for the 2021 Miniature Christmas House Contest - December 18
Deadline for photo entries is December 18th and the winner will be announced on December 23rd.
Good luck and have fun creating. Thank you for joining us.
Subscribe to get my free newsletter by email. Also get access to all the fun patterns and tutorials in the Paper Glitter Glue library with the secret password. I will send you a newsletter every one to two weeks.